Leica has announced new firmware updates for the Leica M/M-P (Typ 240), M (Typ 262), M Monochrom (Typ 246) cameras.
The Leica M/M-P (Typ 240) has been updated to firmware version 22.214.171.124 while the M (Typ 262) firmware gets the version 126.96.36.199 and the M Monochrom (Typ 246) updated to firmware version 188.8.131.52.
New firmware updates for Leica M cameras includes several improvements and bug fixes. Details as follows.
New firmware updates for Leica M Typ 240 262 Monochrome 246 Released
List of new improvements in the latest firmware update:
- Prevents the camera controls from becoming unresponsive after a series of continuous burst images fills the buffer
- The selected user profile will be displayed even when exposure compensation has been adjusted
- Exposure compensation is no longer saved to the user profile
- Memory cards with a capacity of up to 512GB are now supported (we don’t necessarily recommend SD cards this large due to long startup times)
- The default file format settings upon resetting the camera has been changed from ‘JPG’ to ‘DNG+JPG’
- The time-out period for the last GPS Position, when no GPS signal is received, is extended to 2.5 hours for the Leica M/M-P (Typ 240) and Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) – GPS is not available with the M (Typ 262)
- It is now possible to display all zoom steps when reviewing images in playback mode from the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246), Leica M (Typ 262) and Leica M/M-P (Typ 240)
- When using SD cards that are too slow for movie recording, a message appears in the viewfinder display
List of bug fixes included in the firmware updates:
- Bugs that led to the camera freezing when shooting fast sequences have been fixed
- The accuracy of the internal clock has been improved
- When using ‘AUTO ISO in M mode’ the used exposure metering mode is now displayed in play mode
- Files larger than 2GB can now be transferred from the camera to the PC via USB
- The display of the histogram has been optimized for high ISO values
- The display of flash exposure compensation values has been improved in the menu
- A misleading message (‘check battery age’) has been removed
- With the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246), a bug that led to black pixels in fine patterns has been fixed
- Further system optimizations have been implemented