DJI has launched the Phantom 4 quadcopter which comes packed with an Obstacle Sensing System that automatically avoids obstacles in the drone’s path.
With a 12MP sensor and F2.8 lens the DJI Phantom 4 is capable of Raw still shooting and 4K/UHD video at 30p as well as new machine vision technology adding subject tracking and object avoidance. Flight time has increased to 28 minutes.
Additionally, the Phantom 4’s Obstacle Sensing System features two forward-facing optical sensors that scan for obstacles and automatically direct the aircraft around the impediment when possible, reducing risk of collision, while ensuring flight direction remains constant.
The DJI drone is now available for pre-order with a price tag for $1399. Shipping will start from March 15.
DJI Phantom 4 drone announced with autonomous flight support
DJI’s Drone Highlights
- Gimbal-Stabilized 4K / 12MP Camera
- Visual Sensor for Obstacle Avoidance
- Streamlined Shell / Magnesium Unibody
- Top Speed of 44.7mph in Sport Mode
- Maximum Control Range of 3.1 Miles
- Visual Tracking of Moving Subject
- Up to 32.8′ Vision Positioning Altitude
- TapFly – Fly With a Tap of the Finger
- Avoids Obstacles When Returning Home
- Up to 28 Minutes Flying Time