The Chinese company Zhong Yi Optics released a new and improved Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II lens.
The prime optic is available for Sony E, Fuji X, Canon EOS-M mount mirrorless cameras. The lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of around 53mm in APS-C sensor cameras.
It also features a drastic improvement of sharpness, better control of chromatic abberations and much compact size. The price of the new version is $799 at Adorama.
ZY Optics Released New Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II Lens
- Exceptionally fast 35mm lens features an f/0.95 maximum aperture for selective focus control and working in low-light conditions.
- Designed for use with APS-C-sized image sensors, this lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 52.5mm.
- Six extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion as well as contribute to notable image sharpness and clarity.
- Manual focus design is complemented by both depth of field and distance scales for utilizing pre-focusing and zone focusing techniques.
- A ten-bladed aperture contributes to an aesthetic out-of-focus quality.
The mark II verison features a drastic improvement of sharpness, better control of chromatic abberations and much compact size. The new version comes with a Fuji X / Sony E / EOS-M mount. It is able to cover the image circle of APS-C sized sensors.
It is a ultra-fast prime lens which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of around 53mm in APS-C cameras. A maximum aperture of f/0.95 makes it extremely convenient to shoot at a low light conditions without flash.
The new optical design incorporates a 11 elements in 8 groups structure, including 1pc of Extra- low disperson elements, 2 pcs of Extra-high Refractive Index elements and 3pcs of High Refractive Index elements. This structure effectively improved the image resolution by 30% compared to the previous version from corners to corners. This also controls the chromatic abberations very well and deliver excellent image sharpness even at f/0.95.
The new Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 is light and compact. The total weight is reduced from 680g to 460g, making it an ideal companion for the compact mirrorless cameras. Manual focus design and a click-less, silent aperture ring promote smooth handling and are especially well-suited to video applications. The lens is built in metallic enclosure with additional protective process and finest finishing, which gives extra durability and aesthetic.
Pricing & Availability
Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 is now available at the official website (http://www.zyoptics.net/). The Recommended Retail price is USD 599.