Tamron officially announced the updated version of their SP 90mm F/2.8 VC USD MACRO 1:1 VC lens.
The new macro lens inherits many of the features of its predecessor, but boasts an enhanced VC image stabilisation system with XY-Shift compensation and improved near-silent USD focusing system.
The new SP 90mm F/2.8 VC USD MACRO 1:1 VC has LD and XLD lenses, a 9-blade aperture, fluorine coating, and USM motor. It can take life-size close-ups at a minimum distance of 13.9cm/5.5in and a ‘quick-shift’ feature lets the photographer take over focusing without having to press a button. The construction of the lens now includes a newly designed all-metallic barrel, with larger switches reconfigured for smoother function.
Tamron SP 90mm F/2.8 VC USD MACRO 1:1 VC Lens Becomes Official
The 90mm macro will be available for Canon, Nikon and Sony Alpha mounts. Note that since Sony’s DSLR/SLT cameras have in-body image stabilization, the lenses for A-mount will not have IS. Shipping will start in March with a price tag for $649. You can find the popular camera stores below for buying options.
|Price||$649||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
- Focal Length : 90mm
- Maximum Aperture : F/2.8
- Angle of View (diagonal) : 27°2′ (for full-frame format), : 17°37′ (for APS-C format)
- Optical Construction : 14 elements in 11 groups
- Minimum Object Distance : 0.3m
- Maximum Magnification Ratio : 1:1
- Filter Size : φ62mm
- Maximum Diameter : φ79mm
- Length of the optic : for Canon 117.1mm. for Nikon 114.6mm
- Weight : for Canon 610g. for Nikon 600g
- Aperture Blades : 9 (circular diaphragm)
- Minimum Aperture : F/32
- Image Stabilization Performance : 3.5 stops (For Canon : EOS-5D MarkIII is used / For Nikon : D810 is used)
- Standard Accessories : Lens hood, Lens caps
- Compatible Mounts : Canon, Nikon, Sony