The Sony RX1R II premium digital compact camera earned an average score and awarded as silver.
A full in-depth review of the Sony RX1R II posted by Dpreview experts. The high-end compact camera which incorporates a full-frame sensor achieves a score of 82% and gets silver award overall.
They have covered almost everything in their review. The review includes body and design, control and menus, handling, performance and features explained, video and still image quality and lots of sample images for the compact shooter. See their conclusion below.
Sony RX1R II Earned the Silver Award With an Average Score
From Dpreview conclusion :
The Sony Cyber-shot RX1R II is the world’s smallest full-frame camera, featuring a 42MP sensor, fixed ZEISS 35mm F2 lens, pop-up electronic viewfinder and excellent autofocus system. It promises absolutely excellent image quality in a package that fits into your coat pocket, but so-so handling, large file sizes, a clunky user interface and short battery life will turn off some users.
The compact camera with full-frame sensor features an advanced BIONZ X image processing engine and Zeiss Sonnar Sonnar T* 35mm f/2 fixed-lens design. It supports the XAVC S movie recording format, for capturing the quality of Full HD motion picture footage at frame rates of 60p (50p), 30p (25p) or 24p, and at a high bit rate of 50Mbps.
- Test Results : New Compact Camera King
- Sony A7RII Comparison
- Leica Q (Typ 116) Comparison
- Sony RX1R Comparison
- Official Sony RX1R II Sample Images
|Price||$3,299.99||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
- 42.4MP Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 35mm F2.0 ZEISS® Sonnar T lens with macro capability
- World’s first user-selectable optical variable low-pass filter
- Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points
- Retractable 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ ZEISS T coating
- 3.0″ 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor