Sigma filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent describes a Sigma 20mm f/1.8 DG HSM Contemporary lens designed for full-frame DSLRs.
The Contemporary lens series from Sigma is usually not expensive as sports versions and uses less elements for coating.
This would be a great upgrade for the old 20mm model as suitable for the DSLR users with affordable prices. See below for the patent details.
Sigma 20mm f/1.8 DG HSM Contemporary Lens Patent
- Patent number: 2016-12034
- Published on January 21, 2016
- Filed on June 30, 2014
- Focal length: 20.70 21.01
- F-number: 1.84 1.95
- Full angle of view 2ω: 93.42 90.34
- The image height Y: 21.63 21.63
- Overall length of the lens: 139.73 139.73