The DN-series optics from Sigma are designed to use on mirrorless cameras for Sony E-mount and Micro Four Thirds systems.
According to trusted sources, the upcoming Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN lens will be announced on February 23, 2016 before the CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show 2016 in Yokohama, Japan.
Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN Lens Will Be Available for Sony E-Mount and Micro Four Thirds Cameras
The new prime lens will be available for Sony E-mount and Micro Four Thirds cameras. Sure the large aperture of f/1.4 from Sigma will please the mirrorless shooters.
Price of the lens is almost clear too as it is leaked as 51,840 yen which makes the price around $460 in USD.
- Lens configuration 7 groups nine (Double-sided aspherical lens high refractive index and high dispersion glass)
- Aperture blades: 9 sheets (circular aperture)
- Filter Size: 52mm
- AF motor: stepping motor
- Shortest photographing distance: 30cm
- Maximum shooting parking rate: 1: 7
- Inner focus
- Total length: 73.3mm
- Maximum diameter: 64.8mm
- Weight: 265g
- Mount :Sony E mount, Micro Four Thirds mount
- Release Date: March 18, 2016
The optic has a DN designation and it will be a new addition to the company’s DN-series lenses. Sigma currently has three DN-series lenses for mirrorless cameras. They are Sigma 19mm f/2.8, 30mm f/2.8, and 60mm f/2.8 lenses. Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DN lens will be the fourth lens but with large aperture it might start a new future line up too.
Stay tuned for more information!