Ricoh has officially announced the Pentax K-1 full-frame DSLR camera with 36-megapixel image sensor and for a price tag of $1,799.
The first 35mm format Ricoh camera offers a 36.4MP CMOS sensor with 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization. It features a ‘nearly 100%’ optical viewfinder and 33-point AF system with 25 cross-type points. The 3.2″ 1.04M-dot LCD uses a new flexible tilting design which allows for horizontal, vertical and diagonal movement while keeping the screen in alignment with the lens axis.
The Pentax K-1’s sensor is capable of moving in all directions, supporting Ricoh’s Pixel Shift Resolution system. This does not increase linear resolution, but as in the K-3 II, it shifts the sensor slightly to record full color information at each pixel, utilizing a motion correction function in an effort to neutralize the effect of moving subjects in the frame.
The full-frame digital SLR provides a dustproof and weather-resistant construction. It comes packed with built-in Wi-Fi, 1080/30p video, 14-bit Raw capture, 4.4 fps burst shooting for up to 23 images in Raw or 70 in JPEG.
Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR Camera Officially Announced
|[Body only]||$1,799.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
- 36.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor with no anti-aliasing filter
- 5-axis image stabilization rated to 5 stops by CIPA standard testing
- 100% pentaprism viewfinder with 0.7x magnification
- 33-point AF system (25 cross-type)
- Extensive weather-sealing
- 1/200 sec flash sync speed
- 14-bit Raw recording (DNG or PEF)
- AA filter simulation
- Multi-shot Pixel Shift Resolution mode
- Built-in GPS with electro-magnetic compass and Astrotracer function
- 4.4 fps continuous shooting (6.5 fps in APS-C crop mode)
- 1080/30p video
Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR Camera Product Images
For further information, please visit www.ricohimaging.com/pentaxff
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".