Canon has announced the new long-zoom PowerShot SX720 HS compact camera with a new wider zoom range lens compared to its predecessor.
The Canon PowerShot SX720 HS is a new superzoom camera which combines a 20.3MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS unit with a DIGIC 6 image processor and a 40x optical zoom 35mm-equivalent of 24-960mm at F3.3-6.9 lens.
In addition to the new lens, the PowerShot SX720 HS has a redesigned grip, and battery life has increased to a CIPA-rated 250 shots (355 in ECO mode). Photos can be composed on a 3″ LCD display with 922k dots. The camera carries over Canon’s Zoom Framing Assist system to automatically zoom in or out to follow subject movement and more accurately keep focus, and also comes with the Story Highlight feature to automatically compile images and videos from a day or event into a highlight reel with music and effects.
Canon PowerShot SX720 HS Announced with a New 40x Zoom Lens
The SX720 HS will be available in March 2016 with an MSRP of $379.99.
|Price||$379.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
- 20.3MP 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- 40x Zoom Lens, 24-960mm (35mm Equiv.)
- 3.0″ 922k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Intelligent IS Image Stabilization
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- ISO 3200, Up to 5.9 fps Shooting
- Zoom Framing Assist
- Story Highlights and Creative Shot Mode
Canon PowerShot SX720 HS Compact Camera Product Images
Additional features include:
- Bright f/1.8 (W) – f/2.8 (T), 4.2x (24–100mm equivalent) optical zoom lens with Canon’s Intelligent Image Stabilizer (IS) and a 9-blade iris diaphragm;
- Multi-angle 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel LCD with a screen resolution of 1.04 million dots and tilt options of 180° up and 45° down;
- Ability to capture 1080p Full HD video in MP4 format with stereo sound;
- Built-in Wi-Fi®** and Near Field Communications (NFC™)*** capability with a dedicated Wi-Fi button for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos;
- Picture Style function that offers superb command of in-camera color, contrast, and sharpness;
- In-camera RAW conversion, making it possible to preview customized image processing modifications on the camera, without the use of a computer;
- Convenient control ring lever that enables users to quickly switch between stepped and continuous ring movement;
- Time-Lapse Movie feature to help capture images at preset intervals and combine them to create a short movie clip;
- Panning feature that allows the camera to lock onto the main subject. It uses Canon’s Intelligent IS technology to automatically adjust the shutter speed for beautiful background blur.