Canon filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent describes the EF-S 18-100mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens which looks like to be a new budget-friendly travel zoom lens for APS-C sensor Canon DSLRs.
The patent application shows the details of a zoom lens covers a popular range starting from 18 to 100mm. We can also say the upcoming EF-S 18-100mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens will feature STM motor for silent and fast AF operation.
If the lens becomes available into production, it will be a budget zoom lens for EOS 7D Mark II and EOS 70D camera users. See the EF-S 18-100mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens patent details.
Canon EF-S 18-100mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Patent
- Patent Publication No. 2016-1224
- Published 2016.1.7
- Filing date 2014.6.11
- Focal length 18.59 47.22 94.99
- F-number 3.60 4.92 5.88
- Half angle of view (degrees) 36.31 16.14 8.18
- Image height 13.66 13.66 13.66
- The total lens length 137.78 158.04 178.30
- BF 35.39 52.79 64.61