Nikon released the Camera Control Pro 2.23 software version which is currently priced for $149.95, the Wireless Transmitter Utility version 1.6 and Lens Distortion Control Data version 2.013.
Camera Control Pro 2 allows the user to remotely control a camera from a computer using either a wired connection or a wireless connection if using a Nikon Communication Unit or Wireless Transmitter with the camera. Most camera settings can be controlled remotely from a computer using this software.
Nikon Released Wireless Transmitter Utility, Camera Control Pro Utility and Lens Distortion Control
Camera Control Pro 2 version 2.23.0
- Turkish is now supported.
- The D5 and D500 are now supported.
- The following features are added for the D5 and D500:
- Unified flash control is now supported. Settings can be adjusted from the Flash button when a compatible flash is connected to the camera.
- Users can choose the maximum ISO sensitivity for flash photography and edit IPTC information.
- Burst shooting can now be initiated with the Start and AF and Start buttons.
- Active D-Lighting and flicker reduction are now available with movies recorded using the D500.
- The following are now available during live view:
- The live view display can now be resized or viewed full screen (a keyboard shortcut is available for the full-screen display).
- The user can choose whether to enlarge the live view display when the window size surpasses the dimensions of the live view image obtained from the camera.
- Users can now customize and choose the color of the live view grid display. Users of the D4, D4S, and D5 can choose whether to match the display to the grid used by the camera.
- Highlights can now be displayed in movie live view.
- A shutter speed of Bulb is now available during interval timer photography with D5, D4-series, Df, D810, D810A, D800, D800E, D750, D610, D600, D500, D7200, D7100, D5500, D5300, D5200, and Nikon 1 V3 cameras.
- The following options are available via menus and keyboard shortcuts: Exposure Mode, Shutter, Aperture, Exposure Comp., Focus Point, Metering, White Balance, ISO Sensitivity, Image Quality, Release Mode, Bracketing, AF-area Mode, Focus Mode, and the Live View Selector button.
- The following can now be displayed via keyboard shortcuts: the Live View display, the Status dialog, Options (Preferences), and Transfer Options.
- A movie record option has been added to the Options (Preferences) keyboard shortcuts.
Wireless Transmitter Utility (Mac) version 1.6.0
- The WT-7 and WT-6 wireless transmitters are now supported.
- Turkish is now supported.
- OS X 10.8 is no longer supported.
Lens Distortion Control Data Software version 2.013
- This package updates software lens distortion control data, including data for the latest lenses. It applies to related files for the each of the following applications, if installed: ViewNX-i, Capture NX-D, and Picture Control Utility 2.