The Fujifilm FinePix XP90 is a new tough action camera, a relatively minor update to last year’s XP80 rugged model.
The XP90 is waterproof to 50ft/15m, can withstand a drop of up to 5.8ft/1.75m, will still operate in temperatures as low as 14°F/-10°C and is dustproof to prevent the intrusion of dust or sand. The only major new feature is the LCD, which received a bump in both size and resolution (3″ vs 2.7″ and 920k vs 460k-dot).
The XP90 can also serve as an action cam, with support for standard mounts and a dedicated mode which turns off the LCD for extended battery life. An optional 18mm equivalent wide-angle conversion lens is also available.
Fujifilm Announces Finepix XP90 Rugged Action Camera
Fujifilm XP90 Rugged Camera Price
The FinePix XP90 will available in yellow, blue, orange and green for $229.95.
|Buy Fujifilm Finepix XP90 Rugged Camera|
|Fujifilm Finepix XP90 Rugged Camera||$229.95||Amazon | B&H|
Fujifilm XP90 Rugged Camera Specifications
- 16.4MP 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor
- Fujinon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- 28-140mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Shock, Freeze, and Dustproof
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- 3.0″ LCD Monitor
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 480 fps Slow Motion Mode
- Action Camera Mode & Motion Panorama
X-Pro2, X-E2S, X70 and XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR join the X-Series; all-weather FinePix XP90 gets the shot from sand to slopes
Valhalla, N.Y., January 14, 2016 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a leader in digital imaging, today announced new additions to the award-winning X-Series line of premium fixed and mirrorless cameras, and ultra-high quality lenses, including: the FUJIFILM X-Pro2, FUJIFILM X-E2S, FUJIFILM X70 and FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR. Fujifilm also introduced the new rugged and waterproof FinePix XP90, perfect for capturing amazing images everywhere, from underwater to mountain tops.
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 is the new flagship range-finder style camera in the award-winning X-Series line. The X-Pro2 is the pinnacle of X-Series photography, and gives professional photographers an innovative Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder capable of instantly switching between optical and electronic finders, a new 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor for truly remarkable image resolution, and a new X-Processor Pro that delivers dramatically improved response times for unmatched performance.
By combining these features with the ultra-high image quality of FUJINON X-Mount lenses and the world-renowned color reproduction technology refined over more than 80 years as a photographic film leader, the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 delivers the best ever results from an X-Series camera.
FUJIFILM X-Pro2 key features:
- World’s first Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder with 2.36 million dots and maximum speed of 85 frames per second
- Diopter correction mechanism with an eye point of 16mm and a telephoto bright frame with enlarged focal length of 140mm
- 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- Fast AF of up to 0.08 seconds
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second
- Start-up time of 0.4 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.25 seconds
- Focal plane shutter top speed of 1/8000 second
- Flash sync speed up to 1/250 second
- Dust and splash-resistant body with more than 61 points of weather sealing and freeze resistance to 14°F
- High-precision 3” rear display with 1.62 million dots
- Dual memory card slots (Slot 1 compatible with UHS-II Standards)
- New monochrome ACROS film simulation for smooth tones, deep blacks and rich textures
- New Grain Effect mode for images reminiscent of old film photos, especially when printed
- Maximum ISO performance up to 12800 sensitivity; Extended ISO ISO100, 25600, 51200
- Improved electric charge transfer rate for ultra-fast readout speeds
- Interval timer for shooting time-lapse sequences of one second to 24 hours, up to 999 frames
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer
- Full HD video 1080p at 60fps; bit rate of 36Mbps for clear capture of delicate movements; frame rates of 60 fps, 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps, supporting worldwide motion picture formats
- Advanced creative filters
- Optional accessories:
- Hand Grip MHG-Xpro2 – improves grip and retains access to battery and SD card, and compatible with an Arca Swiss plate
- Leather Case BLC-XPRO2 – genuine leather bottom case elegantly shows off the X-Pro2’s classic design while protecting the camera body with battery access
The new FinePix XP90 rugged digital camera is waterproof to 50ft./15m, shockproof from 5.8ft./1.75m., freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C and dustproof*,**. It features a 16.4MP CMOS sensor with a 28-140mm 5x optical zoom lens, Wi-Fi® connectivity for one touch transfers to smartphones and tablets, and captures full HD movies at 1080p, even underwater.
FinePix XP90 key features:
- 16.4MP 1/2.3” CMOS sensor
- Waterproof to 50ft./15m, Shockproof from 5.8ft./1.75m, Freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C and Dustproof
- Complies with IP68 standards
- 5x optical zoom with 28mm wide-angle setting
- 3” LCD with anti-reflection coating
- Wireless connectivity for instant image and movie sharing
- Action Camera mode
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Full HD movie capture at up to 60 frames per second
- Interval Timer Shooting and Time-Lapse Movie function
- 480 frames per second slow motion mode
- 11 Advanced Creative Filters
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) capture
- Motion Panorama 360°
- Available in Blue, Yellow, Graphite with green, and Graphite with orange
The FinePix XP90 will be available in February 2016 for USD $229.95 \ CAD $239.99.
* Waterproof and dustproof protection standards of products, stipulated by IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission)
** Measurement method of MIL-Standard 810F Method5 16.5-Shock of the “MIL Standard”, a standard stipulating the durability of supplies procured by the American military, set by the United States Department of Defense