Here are the first impression reviews, some additional hands-on videos and samples of the newly announced Fujifilm X-Pro2 flagship mirrorless interchangeable lens camera.
The Fujifilm X-Pro2 ($1,699.95 – Amazon | B&H | Adorama) features 24.3 megapixel X-Trans CMOS III sensor, new focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/8000 sec. and flash sync up to 1/250 sec. The X-Pro2 also offer a robust, weather resistant body with 3.0″ 1.62m-Dot LCD Monitor on the back. It can capture images at sensitivities as high as ISO 51200 and record Full HD 1080p videos at 60 fps also supports compressed Raw (a first for the X-series).
The X-Pro2 has a Hybrid AF system with 273 total points, of which 77 are phase-detect and cover 40% of the frame. The X-Pro2 is Fujifilm’s first X-mount camera with dual memory card slots, both of which take SD cards. More details can be found in the official announcement page.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Additional Coverage
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Samples
A gallery of 64 post-processed JPEG images from the Fujifilm X-Pro2 camera can be seen at PhotographyBlog website. You can have a look at 27 photos taken with pre-production model on this Flickr album.
Official Fujifilm X-Pro2 sample images and first shots can also be seen in our previous post.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Hands-on Videos
More Fuji X-Pro2 videos available here.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Reviews and Coverage
Fuji X-Pro2 video quality a huge step up – hands on review at EOSHD :
I am really pleased to say the video quality of the X Pro 2 is seriously impressive. It’s not 4K but it’s enormously satisfying, sharp and detailed. Indeed the image is now very sharp and detailed, with moire and aliasing reduced to an absolute minimum.
From PhotographyBlog review :
In short, the new Fujifilm X-Pro2 is a genuinely lovely camera to shoot with, and one that produces great images time after time. Some users may prefer the DSLR-like format of the X-T-series and resent having to pay a price premium for the complex viewfinder, but for everyone else, the Fujifilm X-Pro2 is a compelling interchangeable lens camera (and not just a compact system camera).
The mirrorless shooter is highly recommended and they give 4.5 out of 5 stars. See also the production of the Fujifilm X-Pro2 camera and how the X-series lenses are made at Fujifilm’s Sendai factory.
Check out the full picture galleries at Photography Blog:
Some interesting information on the new Fuji X-Pro2 camera posted on PhotoRumors website.
- Sensor manufactured by Sony
- First Sony copper wiring on an APS-C-Sensor (but not BSI)
- Camera Live View readout 85 fps (Sensor: 100 fps ready, Processor: 120fps ready, see below)
- Processor “X-Pro” readout 480 Megapixels per second (former EXR II: 120 Megapixels per second)
- Processor “X-Pro” capable of processing 20 images per second, 24 Megapixels each (former EXR II: 7.5 images per second, 16 Megapixels each)
- Processor “X-Pro” is a Dual Cortex A7 (500 MHz) (former EXR II: Dual Cortex A4, 312 MHz)
- Cortex A7 has an additional DSP (digital signal Processor) with real time data throughput (processing)
- Processor “X-Pro” could process an EVF with 120 fps and XGA-resolution
- Processor “X-Pro” is 4K 30fps ready, comment from Fuji: X-Pro 2 is focused on photos, 4K Video is reserved for a multimedia oriented model.
- Processor “X-Pro” is USB 3.0 ready (but camera has USB 2.0)
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Mirrorless Camera Price and Availability
The X-Pro2 will be available from February in a body-only kit, at a price of $1699.95.
|Buy Fujifilm X-Pro2 Mirrorless Camera|
|Fujifilm X-Pro2 Mirrorless Camera||$1,699.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".