The Fujifilm X-E2S is a new addition to the company’s premium rangefinder-style mirrorless camera, which is the successor for the award winning X-E2 model.
The Fujifilm X-E2S mirrorless interchangeable lens camera inherits the functionality and rangefinder-style design of the original X-E2, and adds new features including an improved grip, an electronic shutter and a more intuitive GUI to enhance the user experience.
Just like the X-E2, the new Fuji X-E2s features the same 16.3MP X-Trans CMOS Sensor II, large and high-res electronic viewfinder, 3″ LCD display, and Wi-Fi support. The X-E2S can still capture 1080/60p video and offers the latest set of Film Simulation Modes, including Classic Chrome.
Probably the most significant feature is an improved Hybrid AF system which adds 77-point zone and wide/tracking modes to go along with the 49 points that were already available on the X-E2.
Fujifilm is also claiming improvements in single-point focus acquisition, with ‘best-case’ focus speeds of 0.06 sec on the X-E2S, compared with 0.08 sec on the X-E2. The addition of an electronic shutter allows for shutter speeds as high as 1/32000 sec as well as totally silent shooting, though rolling shutter is the main tradeoff when using a fully electronic shutter.
Fujifilm Announces X-E2S Mirrorless Camera
Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Camera Price
The FUJIFILM X-E2S (body only) will be available in February 2016 for USD $699.95 and with FUJINON LENS XF 18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens kit will be priced for USD $999.95.
|Buy Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Camera|
|Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Camera [Black]||$699.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
|Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Camera [Silver]||$699.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Camera Specifications
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans II CMOS Sensor
- Real Time 0.62x Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 49-Point Single Point Autofocus Mode
- 77-Point Zone, Wide/Tracking Focus Modes
- Maximum 51200 ISO Sensitivity
- Film Simulation and Advanced Filters
- Super Intelligent Pop-Up Flash
X-Pro2, X-E2S, X70 and XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR join the X-Series; all-weather FinePix XP90 gets the shot from sand to slopes
Valhalla, N.Y., January 14, 2016 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a leader in digital imaging, today announced new additions to the award-winning X-Series line of premium fixed and mirrorless cameras, and ultra-high quality lenses, including: the FUJIFILM X-Pro2, FUJIFILM X-E2S, FUJIFILM X70 and FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR. Fujifilm also introduced the new rugged and waterproof FinePix XP90, perfect for capturing amazing images everywhere, from underwater to mountain tops.
The new FUJIFILM X-E2S, a premium rangefinder-style mirrorless camera, has a durable and compact body and features a Real-Time Viewfinder with a large magnification of 0.62X and an electronic viewfinder with the world’s short display lag time of just 0.005 seconds. The X-E2S also gives users an enhanced autofocus system, an improved grip, an electronic shutter, and a new, easy-to-use graphical user interface design allowing faster access to essential settings.
New firmware for the original FUJIFILM X-E2
Fujifilm will release a new firmware update for the original FUJIFILM X-E2 that will give it the same software improvements as the new FUJIFILM X-E2S. The firmware will include the updated autofocus system, improved performance and the new graphical user interface, along with several functional enhancements. For a complete list of new features, visit new firmware update. The new firmware will be available in early February 2016.
FUJIFILM X-E2S key features:
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Fast AF of up to 0.06 seconds
- Start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- Scratch-resistant, high-definition 3” LCD display with 1,040K dots
- New AF system offers the 49-point Single Point mode for fast, precise focusing, and a new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes with a 77-point area to capture moving subjects
- Maximum ISO performance up to 51200 sensitivity
- Completely silent electronic shutter capable of exposures up to 1/32,000 second
- Latest CLASSIC CHROME Film Simulation mode that delivers muted tones and deep colors
- Interval timer for shooting time-lapse sequences of one second to 24 hours, up to 999 frames
- Two command dials and seven customizable function buttons
- Auto Mode Switch for instantly changing to an advanced auto mode with optimized settings
- Super Intelligent pop-up flash
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer
- Full HD video 1080p at 60fps; bit rate of 36Mbps for clear capture of delicate movements; frame rates of 60 fps, 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps, supporting worldwide motion picture formats
- Advanced creative filters
- Optional accessories:
- Hand Grip
The FUJIFILM X-E2S (body only) will be available in February 2016 for USD $699.95 and CAD $899.99. The FUJIFILM X-E2S kit (with FUJINON LENS XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS) will be available for USD $999.95 and CAD $1,249.99.