Fujifilm has officially published the firmware update V4.0 release date of its X-E2 mirrorless camera at Fujifilm Global website.
The firmware update V4.0 introduces a new AF system with upgraded autofocus performance as well as an array of other improvements that reflect feedback from users.
See other improvements and function enhancements with this firmware update below.
Fujifilm X-E2 Firmware Update V4.0 Coming on February 4, 2016
[ Firmware version ]
FUJIFILM X-E2 : Version 4.00
[ Scheduled release date ]
4th February 2016
[ Improvements and function enhancements with this firmware update ]
- 1.New AF System(1) New AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for effortless capture of moving subjects
(2) Improvement of AF accuracy
(3) Eye Detection AF
(4) Auto Macro mode
(5) AF improvement in the Movie mode
- 2.Function enhancements(6) High-speed electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000sec.*
(7) White Balance Bracketing
(8) Enhanced ISO Auto Setting to AUTO1/AUTO2/AUTO3
(9) Exposure Compensation control in Manual.
(10) Natural Live View function is just like the naked eye.
(11) EVF / LCD Color Control
(12) New Video Frame rates (50P / 25P / 24P)
(13) Manual Shooting in Video mode
(14) Phase detection AF support for Instant AF
(15) Expansion of shutter speed in Program Shift mode
- 3.Operability improvements(16) The new user interface
(17) Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation
(18) Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion
(19) Direct selection of AF area
(20) Unlocked AE-L / AF-L Buttons
(21) Variable Focus Area during MF
(22) Q. Menu customization
(23) Interlocking of Metering and Focus areas
(24) Movie Recording
- 4.Other changes with the update(25) Supports focus limiter function for XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
(26) “BACKGROUND COLOR” menu
(27) The maximum number of images taken in the continuous shooting mode
More details can be found at Fujifilm Global website.