Canon filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent describes the EF 24-300mm f/3.5-5.6 USM lens which looks like to be a new all-in-one zoom lens for full-frame sensor Canon DSLRs.
Canon’s current super zoom lens is the EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS and this patent is also a possible replacement model for this lens.
Here are the patent details below.
Canon EF 24-300mm f/3.5-5.6 USM Lens Patent
- Patent Publication No. 2015-215438
- Published 2015.12.3
- Filing date 2014.5.9
- Focal length 24.70 101.33 292.01
- Fno 3.50 4.59 5.87
- ω (degrees) 41.22 12.05 4.24
- Image height 21.64 21.64 21.64
- Overall length of the lens 202.71 232.50 288.71
- BF 38.78 43.69 75.66