The flagship Canon 1D X Mark II DSLR camera is expected to be announced next week on February 2, 2016.
There were so much rumors floating around for the specs list of the Canon 1D X Mark II full-frame camera. According to previous rumors, the flagship DSLR will feature a sensor having massive dynamic range.
To wrap up some confirmed specs, the 1D X Mark II is said to feature a new 22-Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and will come with 15 stops of dynamic range. The newly developed 22-megapixel sensor will also be able to record 4k videos.
Canon 1D X Mark II To Be Announced on February 2, 2016
Rumored specs of Canon EOS-1D X Mark II:
- 20.2MP CMOS sensor with dynamic range improvement
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- 61-point AF system, expanded range, 41-point cross-type, all of the distance measuring points can be selected
- At f/8, 61 points can be selected
- Improved AI AF accuracy and motion tracking Servo AF III +
- Dual DIGIC6 + processor
- New mirror drive system that enables high-speed continuous shooting
- Video 4K 60fps, possible internal recording at CFast2.0T media
- Continuous shooting up to 16 fps (live view mode)
- Dual pixel CMOS AF, enables smooth AF with 4K video
- GPS built-in
- USB3.0 terminal, HDMI terminal
- Dust and water resistant
- Wi-Fi option (WFT-E8)
- Dimensions: 158mm x 167.6mm x 82.6mm
- Weight: 1340g
The upcoming EOS-1D X Mark II camera will compete against the rival Nikon D5 camera. If we see the Canon flagship DSLR next week, it will possibly be displayed at CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show 2016 in late February. The Shipment will start in April, 2016.
If rumors are true than with megapixel advantage and 4K video recording feature Canon 1D X Mark II will cost $5,999 and it will be cheaper than the Nikon D5 which has a launch price tag of $6,499.95.
Read More Canon Rumors