Sigma has filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent refers to a Sigma 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 DG HSM FLD Art lens designed for DSLR cameras with full-frame image sensors.
The new wide-angle zoom lens will sure be a nice addition to the current Sigma Art product line. The rumor mill also in talks of an ultra wide angle full frame Art series lens from Sigma but there is no exact announcement date or details at the moment.
If becomes in production we might see this lens sometime in 2016. Probably at Photokina 2016.
Sigma 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 DG HSM FLD Art Lens Patent
Patent Publication No. 2015-203734 (Google Translated)
- Published 2015.11.16
- Filing date 2014.4.11
- Zoom ratio 1.88
- Wide-angle intermediate telephoto
- Focal length 11.33 15.33 21.30
- F-number 4.50 5.00 5.86
- Total angle of view 2ω 126.85 108.80 87.93
- Image height Y 21.63 21.63 21.63
- Overall length of the lens 163.42 156.24 156.59