Leica M (Typ 262) digital rangefinder camera is now in stock and shipping from several camera stores in US. The price of the Leica M (Typ 262) camera is $5195/£4050.
The Leica M (Typ 262) has a pared-down feature set, an extra quiet shutter unit and a lower price than the M Typ 240. It uses a 24-megapixel CMOS sensor, a Maestro image processor with a near-silent shutter, and a quiet shutter-cocking motor.
Leica has used the button space on the rear of the camera that is used for live view in the Typ 240 to add direct access to the white balance feature. See the Leica M Typ 262 vs M Typ 240 Comparison post.
Leica M (Typ 262) Rangefinder Camera in Stock and Shipping
Leica M (Typ 262) Rangefinder Camera Specifications
- 24MP Leica MAX Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Maestro Image Processor
- Stills-Only Operation, No Live View
- Manual Rangefinder-Style Focusing
- Optical 0.68x-Magnification Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot LCD with Gorilla Glass
- ISO 6400 and 3 fps Continuous Shooting
- Quiet Shutter Cocking Mechanism
- Compatible with M Mount Lenses
- Aluminum Top Plate, Red Leica Dot