More details have been leaked online for the next L lens from Canon which could be named as EF 16-35mm f/2.8 Mark III lens.
The next “L” lens from Canon will be a fast wide-angle zoom lens with a bright aperture of f/2.8. The candidate for this lens might be the long rumored EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III.
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III could be Announced with 1D X Mark II or 5D Mark IV
The new Canon f/2.8 wide-angle zoom lens is in the works and that it would be a very good alternative to the recently launched EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens. The rumored fast wide angle zoom lens also required which is expected to be lighter, cheaper and easier to use than the EF 11-24 f/4L too.
Event and indoor photographers would be very happy with wider focal length version, but the question is the price of this lens. Currently Canon’s first ultra-wide L-series EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens which feature image stabilisation is priced for $1,199.
Below are rumored features of EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens:
- Slightly longer and a bit heavier than old version
- Retain the 82mm filter thread diameter
- Weather sealing, durability and optics will get obvious improvements
- The lens hood will also be unique to the new lens
- No chance of IS making its way into the lens