RED have announced their newest 4K camera, the RED Raven.
The new RED RAVEN camera offers 4K recording at 120fps and 2K recording at 240fps using an 8.8 megapixel RED DRAGON image sensor. The new model is one of RED’s smallest and lightest cameras at 3.5lbs, making it suitable for handheld and drone use.
Other features include an integrated Canon EF mount and a media bay that supports RED’s MINI-MAG SSDs. A 120GB MINI-Mag can store 16 minutes of 4K/120fps 14:1 REDCODE footage.
RED unveils RAVEN, a lightweight and portable 4K camera
The camera will ship in February 2016. The pricing as follows. More details can be found here.
RED RAVEN Brain: $5,950 USD/ €5,850 EUR/ £4,210 GBP
RED RAVEN Jetpack Package: $9,750 USD/ €9,650 EUR/ £6,950 GBP
RED RAVEN Base I/O Package: $9,950 USD/ €9,850 EUR/ £7,075 GBP
Red Raven 4k Camera Additional Information
- RED RAVEN uses a DRAGON Sensor, Shoots Max 4K
- Sensor Size: 20.48mm (smaller than APS-C, slightly bigger than Micro 4/3)
- Assuming it’s the same pixel size, crop factor compared to full-frame 35mm is 1.87x
- 4K Up to 120fps
- 4K 23.98 at 5:1 Compression (at least)
- Takes Mini-Mags
- Same body as WEAPON, but lighter (and made of some kind of metal)
- All WEAPON modules work
- There is at least one model with Canon EF mount (likely fixed)
- Built-in WiFi
- Built-in Scratch Microphone
- Price: $5,950 Body only