Sony is working on a new camcorder which will replcae the current top of the line Sony F65 camera and will be capable of capturing videos at 8K resolution.
According to the latest Sony rumors, the F65 camcorder will be replaced by an 8K CineAlta camcorder in early 2016.
First set of specifications of the upcoming Sony 8K CineAlta camcorder has also been leaked online.
New Sony 8K CineAlta Camera Coming
The rumor mill says that the sensor will be based on the Sony A7RII back-lit CMOS technology and will include a global shutter mode (either mechanical or electronic).
Here are the rumored Sony 8K CineAlta Camcorder Specs:
- 60FPS in DCI 8K resolution
- 240FPS in DCI 4K resolution
- 16 bit RAW uncompressed and compressed onboard recorder
- ProRes, DNxHD, DNxHR, AVCHD, XAVC, SR, MPEG-2, H264
- Burst mode allows for higher FPS
- Sony F55 form factor and weight
- To be introduced in early 2016
- Price point will surprise many people
- Sony FZ mount