Canon filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent describes the 10-120mm f/1.8 lens which looks like to be a new lens for 1-inch type sensor Canon cameras.
Currently the Canon XC10 digital camcorder which combines advanced 4K video recording with capable still shooting uses a 12-megapixel 1″ CMOS sensor and a fixed F2.8-5.6 image stabilized lens equivalent to 27.3-273mm for videos and 24.1-241mm for stills.
So at the moment we can only say this might be a lens for the replacement model for the XC10 or a high-end PowerShot compact camera.
Canon 10-120mm f/1.8 Lens Patent
- Patent Publication No. 2015-75523
- Published 2015.4.20
- Filing date 2013.10.7
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 11.54
- Focal length 10.21 56.31 117.88
- F-number 1.87 1.79 1.78
- Half angle (in degrees) 38.07 8.09 3.88
- Image height 8.00
- Overall length of the lens 555.0
- BF 16.56
- Canon patents
- 5-group zoom of positive and negative TadashiTadashiTadashi
- Inner focus (part of the first group)
- Inner zoom