Canon filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent describes the EF-S 100-300mm f/4-5.6 IS lens which looks like to be a new zoom lens for APS-C sensor Canon DSLRs.
The patent application shows the details of a zoom lens covers a excellent range starting from 100 to 300mm. The EF-S 100-300mm f/4-5.6 IS lens comes with a Image Stabilization system.
If the lens becomes available into production, it will be a budget zoom lens for EOS 7D Mark II users. See the EF-S 100-300mm f/4-5.6 IS lens patent details.
Canon EF-S 100-300mm f/4-5.6 IS Lens Patent
- Patent Publication No. 2015-138178
- Published 2015.7.30
- Filing date 2014.1.23
- Example 1
- Focal length 102.00 195.50 291.20mm
- F number 4.16 5.14 5.88
- Half angle of 7.63 4.00 2.69 °
- Positive and negative positive and negative four-group zoom
- Anti-vibration (part of the second group)