Sigma issued a service notice regarding a Live View issue with the Canon EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R camera bodies and some Sigma zoom lenses.
In addition to the service advisory from Tamron, Sigma also reported that images are not being displayed in live view when using the following lenses with the Canon EOS 5Ds and 5DsR cameras.
Sigma reports live view issues when using some of their lenses on the Canon EOS 5Ds and 5DsR cameras
When the Live View Mode button on the camera body is pressed, the operation stops without displaying images on the rear LCD monitor.
- If your lens was updated to be compatible with the EOS 760D / 750D, then it will also work with the 5DS / 5DS R. Otherwise you will have to send it to Sigma for a free firmware update.
- Lenses shipped after May 11, 2015, already have the new firmware and will work in Live View with any current Canon DSLR.
- Users of the 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports – the only Global Vision lens to be affected by this issue, see list below – can do this at home using the USB Dock and Sigma Optimization Pro.
Full list of affected lenses after the break.
Affected lenses (Current)
- Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM – No. 12651501 or later
- Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM – No. 13044001 or later
- Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM – No. 12713001 or later
- Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM – No. 12902001 or later
- Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports – No. 50064494 to 50347793
- Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM – No. 12669751 or later
Affected Lenses (Discontinued)
- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM – No. 12665001 or later
- Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM – No. 12851001 or later
- Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM – No. 12656101 or later
- Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 APO EX DC OS HSM – No. 12839001 or later
- Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM – No. 12676440 or later
- Sigma 120-400mm f/4.5-5.6 APO DG OS HSM – No. 12971601 or later
via Sigma Japan