More details are coming for the EOS 1D X successor camera which could be named as the 1D X Mark II in early 2016.
According to latest Canon Rumors, the flagship EOS 1D X Mark II is already in testing and the cameras in testing has OLED displays but not sure if it will be implemented on top display, or main LCD, or both.
The AF system prepared for Canon EOS -1D X Mark II is complete. It will have more AF points than on 1D X’s 61 points, and most of these points will be crosstype. A new viewfinder is also mentioned, with new tech to “handle all the additional points”.
Canon 1D X Mark II Rumors: More Crosstype AF points, New Viewfinder, OLED Display
Here are the updated rumored specs of Canon EOS-1D X Mark II:
- 25MP full frame sensor made by Canon
- New autofocus system with more crosstype AF points
- “New technology” in the viewfinder display
- New battery to reduce the weight of camera
- Large LCD screen OLED Display ?
- New 2 DIGIC processors (DIGIC 7)
- Massive improvement on Dynamic Range, more stops than any other DSLR camera in the world.
The Canon EOS 1D X has been available for more than two years. The rumored high-end Canon 1D X Mark II DSLR to be announced in late 2015 or early 2016.