Ricoh has announced second version of its APS-C enthusiast compact camera Ricoh GR II.
The Ricoh GR II is a new compact camera with an APS-C sized 16-megapixel imager, 18.3mm f/2.8 lens, Wi-Fi and NFC.
The Ricoh GR II camera have seen minor improvements over the preceding model, including an increased 1/2500 sec shutter speed at maximum aperture, some white balance tweaks, increased buffer depth to 10 frames for 4 fps Raw shooting, and continuous or spot AF modes in video shooting.
Ricoh GR II Camera Becomes Official
Ricoh GR II Camera Price
The Ricoh GR II will be available from July for $799.
|Buy Ricoh GR II Compact Camera|
|Ricoh GR II Compact Camera||$799.00||Amazon | Adorama
Ricoh GR II Camera Specifications
- 16.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor (23.7×15.7mm)
- ISO range 100-25600
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- GR ENGINE V Image Processor
- 12-bit RAW & 8-bit JPEG image formats
- 18.3mm prime lens (28mm equivalent) with f/2.8 max aperture
- 3-inch, 1,230k dot LCD monitor
- 14 White balance settings
- Closest focus 3.9 inches
- Exposure compensation to +/- 4EV
- Built-in Flash, hot shoe
- Wi-Fi, NFC, Remote control via smart phone
- Full HD video at 1080p, h.264 compression and 30fps
- Magnesium body
- Built-in flash
- Wireless Flash Control
- 4 fps Continuous Shooting
Ricoh Imaging Unveils GR II, its Newest Premium Compact Camera, Featuring Wi-Fi and NFC Capabilities
Popular for combining exceptional image quality with outstanding portability, new functions now enable easy image sharing and expanded effects options
DENVER, CO, June 17, 2015 – Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation (Ricoh Imaging) today announced the newest camera in its GR series, the RICOH GR II, a premium compact camera with Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality. The GR II is the smallest premium compact with DSLR image quality, making it ideal for advanced photographers who want the quality of an SLR camera but the portability of a smart phone.
To manage the new built-in Wi-Fi and NFC functions, Ricoh Imaging also announced GR Remote, a web-based application which allows users to control camera settings virtually via any browser, as well as view and share images wirelessly. Image Sync, available on PENTAX DSLR models, is also supported on the new GR II. It enables GR users to easily browse and transfer images to accompanying mobile devices.
“With the introduction of the GR II, we are taking the premium compact camera to a new level, offering the key features desired by photo enthusiasts: high resolution, a wide angle lens, quick shoot time and portability,” said Jim Malcolm, President of Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation. “With its new Wi-Fi and NFC capabilities, photographers can now easily share their exceptional street and travel shots more easily, benefiting from the best of both worlds.”
Features of the new GR II camera include:
- High-quality, high-resolution: The GR 18.3mm F2.8 lens is a compact, high-performance GR lens with a focal length of 28mm (in the 35mm format). The GR II also boasts a large, APS-C-size CMOS image sensor with approximately 16.2 effective megapixels. Equal in imaging area to the type used for most PENTAX digital SLR models, the sensor combined with the GR lens assures exceptional image quality.
- High-speed: The GR II’s high-speed AF system can focus in a mere 0.2 seconds, thanks to the optimization of its lens drive mechanism and AF algorithm, and it also has a one second start up and shut down time. Further, with the GR II users can go instantly from the play back mode to shooting by half pressing on the shutter release button.
- Pocket-sized: Even though it incorporates a host of Wi-Fi functions, the GR II comes in the same size as the previous GR model. Its exterior housing is made of lightweight, high-rigidity magnesium alloy, while its grip is shaped for easy, comfortable hold, and features a control button layout that enables simple one-hand operation.
- Expanded creative functionality: The GR II provides a total of 17 effect modes with six new modes added including: Clarity, Brilliance, Bright, Portrait, Vibrant and HDR Tone. The new GR II also includes a full range of shooting functions including an in-camera RAW data development function, full HD movie recording for high-quality, extended videos; and, wireless control of PENTAX AF360FGZII & AF540FGZII external flashes.
Pricing and Availability
The Ricoh GR II will be available for purchase July 2015 in stores nationwide and at www.ricohimaging.com for a retail price of $799.95.