Leica has announced the Q (Typ 116), a full-frame compact camera with a fixed, stabilized 28mm F1.7 Summilux lens. It offers a 24MP CMOS sensor and a 3″ 1.04M dot touch-sensitive LCD.
The Leica Q (Typ 116) is the first model in a new line of digital compact cameras and features auto-focus speed of 0.15 second, ISO range of 100-50,000, 10fps continuous shooting, 1080p/60fps video, built-in wi-fi and NFC connectivity, 3.6 megapixed electronic LCOS viewfinder, and a touchscreen 3″ TFT LCD monitor with 1,040,000 pixels.
Leica Q Typ 116 Full-Frame Compact Camera Officially Announced
Leica Q Typ 116 Full-Frame Compact Camera Price
The Leica Q is available now for $4250.
|Buy Leica Q Typ 116 Compact Camera|
|Leica Q Typ 116 Camera||$4,250.00||Amazon | Adorama
Leica Q Typ 116 Full-Frame Compact Camera Features
- Full-frame 24 MP CMOS Sensor
- Summilux 28 mm/f1.7 ASPH lens with macro-mode
- Black anodized color
- Touch screen control
- Minimalist design
- Locking function which allows the user to switch between automatic and manual focusing
- Close focusing distance: 17 cm
- Built-in Optical Image Stabilization
- New Leica Maestro II processor
- Digital frame selector (offers focal lengths of 35 and 50 mm), DNG files remain in 28mm
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Leica Q app makes it easy to share pictures
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom included
- Fastest autofocus lens in it’s class
- Integrated 3.68 megapixel electronic viewfinder (EVF)
- Thumb rest
- Live-View and Focus Peaking
- Video recordings in full 1080p HD
- Top plate made of aluminum, body made of magnesium alloy
- Laser engraved lettering and the numbers
- Made in Germany
Leica Q Typ 116 Full-Frame Compact Camera Product Images
Reimagining the Photographer’s Everyday Camera, Leica Unveils the Leica Q Today, Bringing Iconic Leica Features to an Innovative New Camera
Thanks to High Quality Leica Optics and an Exceptional Feature Set, Photographers Can Now Capture Rich Detailed Imagery Anywhere in a Snap
June 10, 2015 – Yet again refining the way the world takes photographs, Leica Camera unveils the Leica Q today, a trailblazing camera design concept that proudly combines all of the high performance qualities of a full frame sensor in a beautifully designed and highly innovative compact – a milestone for the brand and the photography sector. Equipped with the fastest lens in its class and an interface that makes for easy and intuitive handling, the Q is the perfect instrument for instantly capturing the decisive moments of life and turning them into lasting memories. The Q boasts the ability to shoot full HD video, instantly share content socially via built-in WiFi, and features an extremely fast autofocus, putting the Leica Q into a category of its own.
“We’re very proud to offer the world’s first camera that combines the quality and functionality of our iconic M models, along with the convenience and speed of a super high end compact camera,” said German Product Manager, Peter Kruschewski. “The new Leica Q carries the rich traditions of Leica cameras forward with the high quality features you come to expect from Leica, while also keeping the future in mind by integrating social sharing and cutting-edge specifications. It really is a true Leica, while being an industry trailblazer at the same time.”
The Leica Q combines a high sensitivity full frame sensor with a fast aperture lens and optical image stabilization to give photographers near limitless capabilities. Shooting in any lighting situation is never out of the question when using the Q; whether it is a sun-drenched landscape in the high noon of summer or the dark and shadowy nights of an urban metropolis. The versatility of the Q is augmented by the ability to shoot rapid-fire burst shots that can capture any subject, no matter how fast they move, in any light.
In addition, the new “digital frame selector” function displays the focal lengths of 35 and 50mm at the push of a button, to allow photographers to see focal lengths beyond the fixed 28mm lens. As with a rangefinder camera, photographers utilizing this feature can still see what is going on outside the digital viewfinder’s bright-line frame and can react much faster to changes in and around the subject.
The “Made in Germany” seal of quality for the Leica Q also guarantees that only the finest materials are used in its construction. In traditional Leica style, the top plate is crafted from a solid block of aluminium, the body is made of magnesium alloy, and all lettering and markings on its setting dials are laser-engraved. The thumb rest on the back of the Leica Q and the diamond pattern of the camera’s leathering also ensure ideal grip, and clearly illustrate that form and function still go hand-in-hand at Leica.
More details on exciting new features of the new Leica Q:
- 24-megapixel, full frame, CMOS sensor precisely matched to its lens. The Leica Q delivers richly detailed pictures with almost noise-free, richly detailed pictures at ISO settings up to 50.000.
- Fastest autofocus in the compact full-frame camera class. Precision focusing in real time.
- High speed burst shooting. The newly developed processor from the Leica Maestro II series sets an enormous pace in this category with continuous shooting at a rate of ten frames per second at full resolution.
- Integrated 3.68-megapixel electronic viewfinder. The highest resolution viewfinder of its kind displays both the fixed 28 mm view along with focal lengths of 35 mm and 50 mm on demand.
- Conveniently placed functions provide instant access to all the essential controls needed when taking a photo. Not only can you control the focus manually, but the Q is also equipped with a touchscreen that can select a focus point with a simple touch of the fingertip.
- Ability to save two versions of the photograph. The JPEG image files are saved in the selected framing, while the RAW files in DNG format preserve the entire field captured by the 28 mm lens.
- Video recorded in full HD. Depending on the scene, users can choose between 30 and 60 frames per second for video recording in MP4 format. The video setting also features a wind-noise filter which guarantees crystal-clear sound.
- A WiFi module for wireless transfer of still pictures and video to other devices. The app also allows you to remotely control settings such as aperture and shutter speed from your smart phone or tablet. The free Leica Q app to access these features is available on both the App Store and Google Play Store for iOS and Android.
- Free downloadable Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6. This processing software offers a comprehensive range of functions to enhance and edit your Leica Q images.
- Full range of accessories. Just like the camera, every item in the range of accessories and technical equipment for the Leica Q is functionally designed for easy handling and manufactured from only the finest materials to ensure versatility, reliability, and durability.
The Leica Q, priced at $4,250, is now available at your local Leica Store, Leica Boutique or Leica dealer.