Canon released firmware updates for the GPS Receiver GP-E2 and the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A.
Canon’s GPS Receiver GP-E2 records GPS information like longitude, latitude, elevation, direction and Universal Coordinated Time (UTC) as EXIF data on photo files using a compatible EOS camera.
The WFT-E7A Wireless File Transmitter from Canon makes it simple and easy to set up wired and wireless transfers with the 5D Mark III DSLR camera.
Canon GPS Receiver GP-E2 and Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7 firmware update
Firmware Version 2.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in rare cases, the signal acquisition indicator on the GPS Receiver GP-E2 displays “Slow blinking (Signal acquired)” even if a signal is not yet acquired.
- Fixes a phenomenon which new log files may not be saved correctly if the built-in memory of the GPS Receiver GP-E2 becomes full.
- Support for the EOS Rebel T6s / EOS 760D and EOS Rebel T6i / EOS 750D cameras has been added.
- Support for the EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R cameras has been added.
Canon has updated the firmware for the wireless file transmitter, the WFT-E7A
Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following improvement:
- Support has been added for the EOS 5Ds / EOS 5Ds R.
Download firmware 1.2.0 for the WFT-E7A at Canon USA