Sigma has filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent refers to a Sigma 400mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports lens designed for DSLR cameras with full-frame image sensors.
According to previous rumors the Sigma 300mm f/2.8 and 400mm f/2.8 Sports lenses are both in the works. These telephoto prime lenses are expected to be cheaper than the more expensive Canon and Nikon models.
See the patent details below.
Sigma 400mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens Patent
- Patent Publication No. 2015-64436
- Published 2015.4.9
- Filing date 2013.9.4
- Example 1
- Focal length 390.00mm
- Fno. 2.91
- Total angle of view 2ω 6.29 °
- Image height Y 21.63mm
- Overall length of the lens 353.00mm
- Positive, positive positive and negative negative 5-group configuration
- Inner Focus (fourth group)
- Anti-vibration (part of the fifth group)