Canon XC10 digital camcorder which combines advanced 4K video recording with capable still shooting features becomes official.
The Canon XC10 has core features like a Canon-designed 12-megapixel 1″ CMOS sensor and a fixed F2.8-5.6 image stabilized lens equivalent to 27.3-273mm for videos and 24.1-241mm for stills. The XC10 also features a rotating grip, tilting LCD, and built-in Wi-Fi.
4K (UHD) video is captured using the XF-AVC Intra codec (which offers bit rates up to 305MBps) and saved to an internal CFast card.
The XC10 will be available this June and will ship with a SanDisk 64GB CFast 2.0 card at an MSRP of $2499.
Canon XC10 First Look Videos
Unleash 4K video recording with the all new XC10
Canon XC10 First Look
Introducing the Canon XC10
The Canon XC-10 4K Camera includes:
- 4K Wide-Angle 10x Zoom Lens with Image
- 12 Megapixel One-Inch 4K-Compatible CMOS Image Sensor
- DiG!C DV 5 Image Processor
- XF-AVC Codec for 4K 30p and Full HD 60p
- Multiple Recording Modes and Frame Rates
- Slow and Fast Motion Recording
- Exceptional Still Capture Capability
- High Speed Dual Pixel AF with Face Detection
- CFast 4K Recording Technology
The new Canon XC10 will most likely be on-display at NAB 2015 show next week.