Ikelite has announced an underwater housing for the Nikon D5500 digital SLR camera. This housing provides controls for all important camera functions including the rear dial and front control ring.
The housing has an ergonomic design with a support tray and a quick-release grip handle, in order to offer better balance and provide an attachment point for an optional lighting arm. Built for durability, the housing is designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA.
The IkeLite Housing for the Nikon D5500 is available for order through any Authorised Ikelite Dealer, priced at $1,600.
Nikon D5500 Underwater Housing
The Nikon D5500 features a 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter. The DSLR comes with a full articulated touch screen and powered by an EXPEED 4 image processor.
Nikon D5500 Ikelite Housing Specifications
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- All important camera functions are accessible
- Controls are not provided for Diopter Adjustment Control or Flash Mode/Compensation Button
- Ikelite bulkhead connector with built-in TTL circuitry
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 5.4 lb (2.4 kg) not including tray + handles
- Dimensions 9.8 x 6.7 x 6.7 in (25 x 17 x 17 cm) including projections
Nikon D5500 DSLR Camera Price and Availability
|Buy Nikon D5500 DSLR camera|
|Nikon D5500 Body Only||$899.95||Amazon | Adorama|
|Nikon D5500 with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II||$999.95||Amazon | Adorama
|Nikon D5500 with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR||$1,199.95||Amazon | Adorama