Canon has filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent describes a 100x zoom Canon compact camera.
We’ve just posted the Nikon P900 and Canon SX60 HS comparison. These cameras really compete each other as the newly announced P900 is a superzoom digital camera with 83x optical zoom.
Now the patent details below refers to an 1/3.2″ sensor, and to an equivalent focal length of 24-2400mm. There is not much details or rumors at the moment if this will be the PowerShot SX70 HS with 100x optical zoom but we can easily see that Canon is searching ways to compete with the Nikon’s bridge cameras.
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS IS Camera Could Feature 100x Zoom
Patent Publication No. 2014-174524 (Machine Translated)
- Published 2014.9.22
- Filing date 2013.3.13
- Zoom ratio 98.52
- The focal length f = 3.07 53.41 302.40mm
- Fno. 1.85 8.14 9.00
- Half angle ω = 36.2 2.40 0.50 °
- Overall length of the lens 110.05mm
- BF 12.67 27.40 5.19mm
- 4-group zoom of positive and negative, positive
- Inner zoom (the second group, the third group)
- Rear focus (fourth group)
- Anti-vibration (third group)