Tokina has announced a new Cinema AT-X 50-135mm T3.0 lens, which is 4K ready and delivers a highly versatile zoom range in a compact design.
The new Tokina Cinema AT-X 50-135mm T3.0 zoom lens features a Parfocal design and will offer reduced breathing for videography purposes.
The new Cinema-series lens will be released this April with a price tag for $4,499.
Tokina Cinema AT-X 50-135mm T3.0 Lens Now Official
Kenko Tokina USA, Inc. is pleased to announce the Tokina Cinema AT-X 50-135mm T3.0 lens. Tokina engineers created a lens of this focal length that is Parfocal, has dramatically reduced breathing and image shift, and has a de-clicked, 9-bladed, curved iris for beautiful bokeh and precise exposure control. With its 1M close-focus capability, the lens allows you the freedom to capture tight close-ups while maintaining a comfortable distance from your subject.
The Tokina Cinema 50-135mm T3.0 optic is 4K ready and beyond and delivers a highly versatile zoom range in a compact design. The lens has an industry standard 114mm outer front barrel for matt boxes and a 112mm filter threat for mounting filters or other accessories.
Tokina Cinema AT-X 50-135mm T3.0 Lens Features
- Parfocal lens design allows you to maintain precise focus while using the zoom control.
- Constant T3.0 throughout the 50mm to 135mm zoom range
- Reduced breathing so you can focus on the scene and not the lens
- Smooth, de-clicked, 9-bladed, curved iris for beautiful out-of-focus areas.
- Virtually no image shift when using the zoom control during filming
- Aspherical elements and Super-Low Dispersion glass reduce distortion and increase optical performance
- 4K Image ready
- Durable, all-metal cine-style housing with geared manual zoom, focus, and aperture rings for use in follow-focus systems.
- Common 114mm front diameter for use with a wide variety of matte boxes and accessories.
- Zoom, focus, and iris markings are on both sides of the lens for easy viewing and more mounting/follow-focus options.
- LDS (Lens Data System) support is possible
- Available Mounts: PL and EF
Tokina Cinema AT-X 50-135mm T3.0 Lens Specifications
- Mounts: PL, Canon EF
- Focal Length: 50-135mm
- Maximum Aperture: T3.0 Constant
- Zoom Ratio: 2.7:1
- Optical Structure: 14 groups /18 elements
- Sensor Size: Super 35mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1m ( 3.28 ft)
- Magnification Ratio: 1:5.89
- Zoom Mode: Rotary Zoom
- Aperture/Iris Blades: 9
- Depth of Field: T3.0 – T22 (F2.8 – F22)
- Filter Size: 112 mm
- Overall Length: PL Mount – 159mm (from 142mm mount surface)
- EF Mount – 155.5mm (from 150mm mount surface)
- Diameter of Front: 114mm
- Maximum Diameter: 123mm
- Weight: 1.53kg
- Price: $4,499.00
- Availability: April 2015