Tamron has filed a patent for a new telephoto lens with built-in image stabilization. The new patent describes the Tamron 28-320mm f/3.5-6.3 lens designed for mirrorless camera with full-frame image sensors.
This would be good news for the current Sony A7-series FE-mount users. As Tamron produce such good lenses with an affordable price.
Tamron 28-320mm f/3.5-6.3 full frame e-mount lens will sure be a cheaper alternative when compared to the Sony 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS lens which is expected to arrive to the market in March 2015.
Tamron 28-320mm f/3.5-6.3 Full Frame Mirrorless Lens Details
Explanation self interpretation of patent literature
- Patent Publication No. 2015-18124
- Published 2015.1.29
- Filing date 2013.7.11
- Example 1
- The focal length f = 28.84-86.11-315.84
- Fno. 3.6888-5.2135-6.5631
- Angle of view 2ω = 75.218-26.4822-7.5356
- Tamron patent
- Positive and negative positive and negative negative 5-group zoom
- Inner Focus (fourth group)
- Anti-vibration (third group)