Sigma has announced pricing and availability of the recently announced 24mm F1.4 Art lens.
The Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art is a new premium wide-angle lens designed for DSLR cameras with full-frame image sensor and is the ninth addition to the company’s iconic Global Vision Art line-up.
The full frame 24mm lens will be available in Sigma and Canon mounts in March for the street price of $849. The Nikon version will follow in April, and in Sony variant will be available later in the year. (check prices at Adorama)
Sigma Corporation Announces Pricing and Availability of New 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
Latest Global Vision Art lens offers highest-quality optical performance in its class
YOKOHAMA, Japan — February 11, 2015 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world’s most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, today announced the new Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lens will become available next month for the street price of $849.
The 24mm F1.4 Art wide angle lens is the ninth addition to the company’s iconic Global Vision Art line-up. It is designed for full-frame DSLRs, and when used on digital cameras with an APS-C size image sensor, it effectively becomes a 38mm. The lens will be available in Sigma and Canon mounts next month, in Nikon mounts in April, and in Sony mounts later in the year.
“With the addition of the 24mm F1.4 to the Art line-up, Sigma is continuing to redefine the expectations of fast-aperture full-frame prime lens performance,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “This lens is ideal for photographers and videographers looking to capture a variety of photography subjects, including cityscapes, mountain ranges, astrophotography and weddings.”
The 24mm also excels at indoor photography in low illumination thanks to the combination of exceptional focal plane sharpness, and gorgeous bokeh rendered by nine rounded aperture blades.
The Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lens Contemporary lens will feature:
- Both “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) glass and Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass in a design of 15 elements in 11 groups to minimize chromatic aberration of magnification especially in the edge of the image field
- The ability to achieve a maximum magnification of 1:5.3 with a minimum focusing distance of 9.8 inches
- An optimized power layout that includes aspherical elements that are positioned in the rear of the lens for improved wide open performance
- A new lens element design that delivers excellent peripheral brightness
- A new full-time manual focusing mechanism that switches to manual focusing, that allows the photographer to make focus adjustments quickly and easily
- Every 24mm will be tested using Sigma’s own MTF measuring system, “A1,” in the company’s factory in Japan
- A size of 3.2in X 3.6in and weight of 665 g
The lens will be available in Canon, Nikon, Sony and Sigma mounts this coming spring. It’s also compatible with Sigma’s USB dock, allowing photographers to update the lens’ firmware and change focus parameters as well as manual focus over-ride using Sigma’s Optimization Pro software, and compatible with Sigma’s Mount Conversion Service.
Other lenses in the Art line include 35mm F1.4 DG HSM, 30mm F1.4 DC HSM, 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM, 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM, 50mm F1.4 DG HSM, 19mm F2.8 DN, 30mm F2.8 DN and 60mm F2.8 DN.