Panasonic has announced the Lumix ZS50 superzoom compact camera for the CES 2015 event earlier this year. First impressions and hands-on reviews are now available for the Panasonic Lumix ZS50 compact system camera.
The flagship Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 has a 12.1-megapixel sensor, a 24-720mm equivalent lens, raw image capture, geotagging, Wi-Fi and NFC, as well as a small eye-level EVF with an eye proximity sensor and a resolution of 1,166k dots. Priced for $399 see the product links below.
Panasonic Lumix ZS50 Reviews Roundup
From Tech Radar verdict :
With a huge zoom range, you’ll find it’s versatile for lots of different shooting scenarios from family portraits right up to far away views and more. If you’re looking to pick up something for a little less money however, the camera’s predecessor, the TZ60 remains a good option.
From Cameralabs verdict :
The bottom line is the Lumix TZ70 / ZS50 may have become the classiest pocket super-zoom to date, but its predecessor(s) still remain compelling alternatives, especially if you value having built-in GPS hardware. Panasonic has to tread carefully going forward with an annual product cycle and its strategy of giveth and taketh away. Over two generations we’ve lost the touch-screen and now the GPS receiver / landmark database, leaving the built-in viewfinder as the only key differentiator with rivals. Again it’s fortuitous it’s so useful, and I’d definitely be happy to pay extra for it, but how long will it be unique in the market?
From PhotographyBlog review :
The market for travel cameras is a little more diverse than it once was when Panasonic first introduced the TZ series. There’s now a lot more competition from the likes of Canon, Sony and Nikon. The good news, for Panasonic at least, is that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 remains a fantastic option and it’s particularly nice to see the company thinking about image quality rather than chasing sales with ever increasing pixel counts.
[NEW] Introducing Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ70 / ZS50
Panasonic Lumix ZS50 Price and Availability
|Buy Panasonic Lumix ZS50 compact camera|
|Panasonic Lumix ZS50||$399.95||Amazon | Adorama|
Panasonic DMC-ZS50 Features
- Get closer with the 30x Zoom LEICA Lens: Bring every subject in closer and more clearly with the Leica 24mm DC Vario-Elmar lens and durable 30x optical zoom.
- Stunning in Low Light – High Sensitivity MOS Sensor: Even in low-light environments, you can capture more detail and less image noise with the new, larger pixel-size High Sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor. And enjoy stunning photos and videos.
- See Clearer With The Live View Finder: Wherever your travels take you, the precision Live View Finder helps get the shot. Perfect for image framing when light conditions make using the LED screen difficult, the eye sensor automatically detects viewing preference and switches to the LVF.
- Be In Control – Control Ring: The lens-mounted Control Ring provides easier manual control for exposure, zoom and focus, leaving you free to concentrate on shutter operation. Intuitive design, precise focusing and smooth, silent operation gives you total control ofevery photo and video you create
- Experience The Action – High Speed Response: No matter how fast your subject moves, the ZS50 shoots just as fast with Light Speed Auto Focus and 10fps High Speed Burst Shooting for perfectly focused images every time.
- Showtime in Full HD: Record Full HD videos in AVCHD or MP4 format. And enjoy smooth, colorful, high- resolution playback on your PC or wide- screen TV. High Speed Video records with 100fps in HD resolution and 200fps in VGA. With high-speed video you can and record any fast-moving action
- Precision Is Key – Manual Focus Peaking: Compose the perfect shot with precision. The manual control ring enables smooth operation of the Focus Peaking function. And the large LCD displays the area of focus and depth of field to let you concentrate on composition.
- RAW Format Recording: Shoot in RAW format to capture greater detail. Your image data retains the original color and light information captured by camera’s sensor, with only minimal processing. And you can directly edit high-quality images for amazing results.
- Reveal More Details with Macro Shots: Clearly capture even the most intricate details in any subject with up-close 3cm macro shooting.
- Keep it Steady with HYBRID O.I.S.: HYBRID O.I.S.+ minimizes blur and ensures level images. The 5-axis Optical ImageStabilizer automatically detects and compensates for blurring, based on the camera’s five types of movement. When shooting, Level Shot senses and corrects the horizontal line of recording, even when the camera is tilted.
- The Quintessential Travel Camera: The new LUMIX ZS50 is the ultimate camera for any destination, with every feature built for the traveller in you. From architectural patterns to subtle color gradations in sunsets, the ZS50 makes it easy to capture every color and detail in any light, anywhere.
- Time-Lapse Recording: Position the camera to record the natural drama of a rising sun, setting moon or flowers coming into bloom. Simply set the start time, shooting interval and the number of images needed. The camera takes care of the rest automatically, in Full HD quality.