Ricoh has announced the new HD Pentax-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE which is the world’s shortest standard zoom lens.
HD Pentax-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE designed for use with PENTAX K-mount DSLRs. The lens will be sold as a kit with the newly announced Pentax K-S2 DSLR.
The lens offers weather-resistant construction for shooting in rain or mist, and uses Pentax’s multi-layer HD coatings to reduce flare and improve light transmittance.
HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE Lens Unveiled
HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE Lens Price
HD Pentax DA 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE lens will become available this March for a price of $299.95.
|Buy HD Pentax DA 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE Lens|
|HD Pentax DA 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE||$299.95||Amazon | Adorama
HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE Lens Specifications
- K Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 27.5-76.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4.0-5.6 to 22-32
- Aspherical Elements
- HD PENTAX & Super Protect Coatings
- Direct Current AF Motor
- Quick-Shift Focus
- All Weather-Resistant Construction
- Retractable Design
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE
An interchangeable zoom lens, featuring a new retractable mechanism creating the world’s shortest length of 41mm (in the stored position)
RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S. is pleased to announce the launch of the HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE, designed for use with PENTAX K-mount lens-interchangeable digital cameras. This standard zoom lens features a newly developed retractable mechanism for easy storage and outstanding portability, as well as a weather-resistant construction for dependable operation under all conditions.
This standard zoom lens has been developed as a compact, easy-to-use everyday lens that meets user demand for a downsized, high-resolution digital SLR imaging system. Thanks to its retractable mechanism — employed for the first time in the PENTAX K-mount lens system — it provides the world’s shortest length in the stored position: just 41mm.* Despite its ultra-compact design which ensures outstanding portability, it also features the PENTAX-original HD Coating, super-low dispersion glass elements and aspherical elements to effectively compensate various aberrations for sharp, high-contrast, well-balanced images. Its built-in DC motor assures smooth, quiet autofocus operation, while its weather-resistant body makes it extremely dependable and durable in demanding outdoor conditions.
* The world’s shortest standard zoom lens for use with digital SLR cameras (as of February 1, 2015, based on RICOH IMAGING research)
1. The world’s shortest standard zoom lens: This standard zoom lens offers a zoom ratio of approximately 2.8 times to cover wide-angle to standard ranges (for focal lengths equivalent to 27.5mm to 76.5mm in the 35mm format), which are the most frequently used ranges in general photography. Thanks to its new retractable mechanism, it measures a mere 41mm in length in the stored position — the world’s shortest for a standard zoom lens — to ensure outstanding portability when combined with today’s downsized digital SLR camera body.
2. Dependable weather-resistant construction: This lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with nine special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the interior. By pairing it with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, the user is guaranteed a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings — even in the rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
3. Exceptional image rendition to accommodate latest digital SLR cameras: Incorporating super-low dispersion glass elements and aspherical elements in its 11-element/eight-group optics, this lens effectively compensates various aberrations for high-contrast, high-resolution, fine-detailed images with minimal colour bleeding.
4. HD Coating to improve image description: This lens is treated with a high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.*Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating ensures less reflection and higher light transmittance, to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
* HD stands for High Definition
5. Quick-Shift Focus System: This lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation, even when the camera’s AF system is in operation.
6. Other features:
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease
- Smooth, quiet autofocus operation, driven by the built-in DC motor
- Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
- Low-profile lens hood (included),designed for easy carrying without the need to remove it from the lens for storage
Note: Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice