More detailed specifications surfaced online for the upcoming Canon EOS 5Ds DSLR camera and EF 11-24mm f/4L wide-angle zoom lens.
The 5Ds will feature a 50.6-megapixel full frame sensor with an optical low-pass filter, while the 5Ds R will be the version without an OLPF.
The EF 11-24mm f/4L lens will be dust and water proof and the optic will feature SWC, ASC and Fluorine coating.
Meanwhile the Canon EOS-1D C camera is now $7999 after a $4000 discount.
Canon EOS 5DS and EF 11-24mm f/4L Detailed Specifications, 1DC price drop
Here are the detailed specifications of the Canon EOS 5DS full frame DSLR camera and EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens.
Canon EOS 5DS full frame DSLR camera specifications
- CMOS sensor effective pixels 50.6MP (total number of pixels: 53MP)
- 5DS R version is without a low-pass filter
- RAW (50MP), M-RAW (28MP), S-RAW (12.4MP)
- Media CF (UDMA7), SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I)
- Dual DIGIC6
- Crop 1.3x and 1.6x
- 100% field of view, magnification 0.71 times, the eye point is 21mm
- Electronic level
- Grid display
- AF 61 points (41 points cross type), EV-2 support
- ITR AF
- Time-lapse movie
- Bulb timer
- Live View, the contrast AF (face recognition)
- 150,000 pixel RGB-TR metering sensor. 252 zone TTL metering
- EOS iSA system
- ISO100-6400 (extended with ISO50 and ISO12800)
- The shutter speed is 30 seconds -1/8000 seconds. Synchro is 1/200 sec
- Continuous shooting 5 frames / sec.
- Video 1920×1080 30fps (ALL-I or IPB)
- LCD monitor 3.2 inches 1.04 million dot
- Mini HDMI output terminal. External microphone terminal
- Battery LP-E6N / LP-E6
- The size 152 x 116.4 x 76.4mm
- Weighs 930g (CIPA guidelines). 845g (body only)
Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens specifications
- Lens design 16 elements 11 groups
- 4 aspherical lens (large diameter grinding aspheric single, large-diameter glass molded aspherical one, two glass mold aspherical)
- One Super UD lens, one UD lens
- SWC coating (two-sided)
- ASC coating (one side)
- The fluorine-coded rear and front lens
- 9 diaphragm blades, circular aperture
- Minimum aperture is f/22
- In the shortest shooting distance is 24mm 0.28m, 0.32m in 11mm
- 0.16 times at the maximum photographic magnification is 24mm, 0.06 times in 11mm
- AF motor ring USM
- Full-time manual focus
- Dust and water sealed
- Rear gelatin filter holder
- Total length 132mm, maximum diameter 108mm
- Weight 1180g
Canon’s new pro-level 50-megapixel EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R DSLRs will be announced next week on February 6th along with several new products.
The major announcement is also include the entry-level EOS 750D / Rebel T6i DSLR, EF 11-24mm f/4L lens, a brand new EOS M3 mirrorless camera and large sensor Powershot G3 X compact model.
New Canon products most likely be on-display at CP+ 2015 show in mid-February.