An upcoming Nikon press release scheduled for January 19th have been leaked online which refers to a new firmware updates program called “I AM Advancing”.
“I AM Advancing” program will allow Nikon DSLR owners to download advanced firmware updates and add new functionality to their cameras for up to 3 years.
The program is starting with support for six FX-format DSLR cameras (D750, D810, D800, D800E, D600 and D610). The new website for “I AM Advancing” will be located at http://imaging.nikon.com/advancing (not yet active).
Nikon D750, D810, D800, D800E, D610, D600 New Firmware Updates Coming
Below are new features for these firmware updates:
- New White Balance update, containing Nikon’s latest algorithms for high-quality color balance in any light.
- New “Metallic” Picture Control option, providing photographers with a unique high-contrast setting which is both natural and eye-catching.
- New RAW Histogram. This feature displays impressive full-screen histograms for all 3 color channels (red, green and blue) simultaneously, based on data directly from the image sensor. The new feature allows advanced photographers to fine-tune perfect exposure for each shot.
- Nikon will bring two D810 features to other cameras in the Nikon DSLR line-up:
- “Flat” Picture Control, which allows photographers more options for adjustment in post-processing and
- Electronic First-Curtain Shutter feature, which eliminates vibrations caused by the shutter, is newly available for the recently announced Nikon D750 camera.
Full press text can be seen on: NikonRumors