Nikon has announced the new version of existing lens in its NIKKOR lineup; the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR is being introduced at CES 2015.
By Nikon’s measurements the FX-format 300mm f/4 is 30% shorter and 1.5 lbs lighter than its predecessor, thanks to the use of a Phase Fresnel design.
Nikon’s newest FX-format lens also features four and a half stops of VR image stabilization, a VR Sport mode, VR tripod detection as well as several of the latest NIKKOR optical technologies including electromagnetic aperture control, a Silent Wave Motor for quiet AF operation, ED glass for further controlling chromatic aberrations and Nano Crystal Coat for superior image quality.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Lens Becomes Official
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Lens Price & Release Date
The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR lens will be available in February, priced at $1,996.95.
|Buy Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Lens|
|AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Lens||$1,996.95||Amazon | Adorama|
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Lens Specifications
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Phase Fresnel (PF) Lens Element
- 4.5 Stops of Vibration Reduction
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus, Manual Focus Override
- Weighs 1.6 lb
- 5.8″ Length
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Lens Features
- A fixed focal length telephoto lens with a focal length of 300mm and a maximum aperture of f/4 compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras
- The first NIKKOR lens for which a PF (Phase Fresnel) lens element has been adopted, making it the world’s lightest*1 lens of its type
- Equipped with a SPORT VR mode for effective photography of athletes and other subjects that are moving rapidly and unpredictably in addition to a vibration reduction (VR; camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.5-stop*2increase in shutter speed) function
- Adoption of a PF (Phase Fresnel) lens element, an ED lens element, and Nano Crystal Coat for superior optical performance with which chromatic aberration and ghost are suppressed
- Capable of expression of the beautiful blur characteristics possible only with a maximum aperture of f/4
- Equipped with an electro-magnetic aperture mechanism that enables stable auto-exposure with high-speed continuous shooting
- Adoption of Nikon’s exclusive and highly durable fluorine coat, which effectively repels water and oils, and makes cleaning the lens easier even when it does get dirty, on the surface of the front lens element
- Among 300mm fixed focal length (prime) AF lenses compatible with 35mm “full-size” format cameras available as of January 6, 2015. Statement based on Nikon research.
- Measured in accordance with CIPA standards in NORMAL mode using an FX-format digital SLR camera.
- PF (Phase Fresnel) lens elements:
The PF (Phase Fresnel) lens, developed by Nikon, effectively compensates chromatic aberration utilizing the photo diffraction phenomenon*. It provides superior chromatic aberration compensation performance when combined with a normal glass lens. Compared to many general camera lenses that employ an optical system using the photorefractive phenomenon, a remarkably compact and lightweight body can be attained with less number of lens elements.