Nikon has announced the new version of existing lens in its NIKKOR lineup; the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II is being introduced at CES 2015.
Compact and lightweight, the new retractable-design AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR II telezoom presents an affordable way to get closer to the action.
The optical formula comprises 13 elements in 9 groups – including one extra-low dispersion (ED) glass element -, with Super Integrated Coating and a 7-bladed iris diaphragm. The lens takes standard 52mm filters and has a minimum focus distance of 1.1m.
Nikon Updates the DX 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 ED Zoom Lens
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens Price & Release Date
The AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR II will be available in February, priced at $349.95.
|Buy Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens|
|AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens||$349.95||Amazon | Adorama|
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens Specifications
- F Mount Lens / DX Format
- Minimum Aperture Range: f/4 to 5.6
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Manual Focus Override
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Compact and Lightweight
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II Lens Features
- A telephoto zoom lens that supports the 55-200mm (angle of view equivalent to that of a lens with focal lengths of 82.5-300mm in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths and maximum apertures of f/4-5.6 compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
- Adoption of a retractable barrel makes the lens significantly smaller
- Equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) function that effectively reduces the effects of camera shake (camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop* increase in shutter speed)
- Adoption of an ED lens element maximizes the superior optical performance of the lens for little chromatic aberration