GoPro has released some details about the upcoming firmware updates for its HERO4 action cameras.
The new firmware versions for the GoPro Hero4 coming in February will amp the camera’s performance, capabilities and convenience even higher.
GoPro hasn’t given an exact date for the firmware release for action cameras, but in the mean time, here’s a sneak peek at what features the updates will unlock:
Upcoming GoPro Hero4 firmware will enable new photo and video features
HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver
- Time lapse video mode – Capture Time Lapse videos automatically—no post-production needed. Showcase a sunrise, road trip or family gathering as a short, sharable video.
- 30/6 burst photo – Introducing a new way to never miss a moment. Capture 30 photos in 6 seconds—perfect for longer duration fast-action activities like surfing and snowboarding.
- Auto rotate – Automatically adjusts capture orientation to right-side up when the camera is mounted upside down.
- 720p240 fps video – Record ultra high frame rate video at a staggering 240 frames per second for liquid smooth slow-motion playback
- 2.7K60 fps video – Capture cinematic, high-resolution 2.7K footage at an impressive 60 frames per second
- Add HiLight Tags during playback – Now you can mark key moments both while recording video and playing back content on the built-in touch display to quickly find highlights for easy editing and sharing.