Fujifilm has announced the XQ2 premium compact camera with the addition of the Classic Chrome film simulation mode.
The Fujifilm XQ2 is a premium pocket-sized digital camera with a bright 4x zoom lens, a 12-megapixel 2/3” X-Trans CMOS II sensor with phase detection, and the EXR Processor II that delivers the fastest auto focus speed in its category.
The Fuji XQ2 specs list also include a 25-100mm (eq.) f/1.8-4.9 lens, built-in WiFi, Full HD movies with stereo sound, a sensitivity range of ISO 100 – ISO 12,800, and a 3″ rear screen with 920,000 dots.
Fujifilm releases XQ2 premium compact camera
Fujifilm XQ2 Camera Price and Release Date
The XQ2 will be available in black, silver, and white in February for $499.95.
|Fujifilm XQ2 Camera|
|Fujifilm XQ2||$499,95||Amazon | Adorama
FUJIFILM XQ2 makes performance easier to carry
The FUJIFILM XQ2 uses the 12 Megapixel 2/3” X-Trans CMOS II sensor that is designed to control moiré and false color generation by using an original color filter array with a highly randomized pixel arrangement. This technology removes the need for an Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF) that degrades resolution. The image quality in the XQ2 is further enhanced by using a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) for stunningly sharp pictures, as well as a 3.0 stop Optical Image Stabilization for shooting in low light situations.
The newly developed FUJINON F1.8 4x zoom (25-100mm) is constructed with 4 aspherical and 3 extra low dispersion lenses and each lens surface is coated with HT-EBC to reduce flare and ghosting. The XQ2 also has a wide sensitivity range from ISO100 to ISO12800 so you can take realistic and vibrant images even in low light.
The EXR Processor II in the new XQ2 more than doubles the processing speed of the previous generation, and it easily captures the information taken from over 100,000 phase detection pixels incorporated in the X-Trans CMOS II to deliver astonishing images.
Fujifilm XQ2 Camera Specifications
- 12 Megapixel 2/3” X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Start-up time of 1.0
- Shutter lag time of 0.015
- Shooting interval time of 0.3
- AF speed 0.06 seconds
- F1.8-F4.9 4x optical zoom equivalent to 25-100mm in 35mm format
- 4x Intelligent Digital Zoom (16X combined with optical zoom)
- Lens Modulation Optimizer for improved image quality
- 3” (920,000 dot) premium clear LCD (High contrast, High Brightness and Wide viewing angle)
- Built-in Super Intelligent pop-up Flash
- ISO100 – 12800
- Full HD Movie and built-in stereo microphone
- Wi-Fi® enabled
- NEW ‘Classic Chrome’ and other film simulation modes
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer