The new Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX Lens is designed for DSLR cameras with APS-C sized sensors and will replace the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 DX lens.
The new lens will be available in Nikon and Canon mounts and start shipping in February 2015. The Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX lens price in Japan will be ¥100,000 (around $800).
Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX lens Announced, Price Around $800
Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX Lens Features
- Compatible with Nikon DX-format DSLRs, this wide-angle zoom provides a 16.5-30mm equivalent focal length and features a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range.
- One P-MO aspherical element in the front group pairs with a glass-molded aspherical element in the rear group to minimize distortions and correct aberrations. Additionally, three SD ultra-low dispersion elements are also incorporated within the lens design to further reduce chromatic aberrations for greater color accuracy and clarity.
- Multi-layer lens coatings reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained color fidelity.
- A one-touch focus clutch mechanism permits seamless switching between autofocus and manual focusing positions, and the focusing ring features a moderate amount of torque for more fine-tuned control over the focusing position.
- An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens form factor during operation.
- A nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality, which benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX Lens Specifications
|Lens constitution||12 group 14 sheets||Coating||Multilayer coating|
|Angle of view||104.34 ° ~ 72.42 °||Filter Size||82mm|
|Shortest shooting distance||0.28m||Macro maximum magnification||1: 8.62|
|Focus method||Internal focus||Aperture number of blades||Nine|
|Greatest dimension||89.0mm||Full length||92.0mm|