Sony is rumored to announce a successor to the popular A7 full-frame E-mount mirrorless camera.
According to trusted Japanese source Digicame-info a Sony A7 II (ILCE-7M2) camera is on the horizon and to be announced soon. First Sony A7II (M2) specs list also provided in the rumor.
The updated Sony A7 or the A7 Mark II will have 5-axis in body stabilization like the one found in the Olympus E-M1 Micro Four Thirds camera. A7II specs list will also include a tilting 3-inch LCD screen with 1.23 million dot pixels.
No details are given about the sensor specs or the release date of the Sony A7II camera but the shape and the grip design is expected to be different than the current A7 series. A dedicated new VG-C2EM vertical grip also to be announced with the Sony A7M2.
Sony A7II (ILCE-7M2) To Be Announced Soon
It is still unclear if this camera will be an update to the A7 and will be called A7II or the newly rumored Sony A9. We’ll update you with the final details but it is sure a very good news to have 5 axis stabilization in the body.
Sony A7II (ILCE-7M2) Rumored Specifications
- 24.3 million pixels full-frame sensor
- 5-axis in body stabilization like the Olympus E-M1
- Tilting 3 inches 1.23 million dot LCD screen
- Shape and grip design are different than current A7 series
- LCD monitor 3.0-inch 1.23 million dot. 107 degrees up, and tilt 41 degrees below
- EVF 0.5-inch 2.36 million dot
- ISO100-25600 (extended with ISO50). Video ISO200-25600
- The shutter speed is 30 seconds -1/8000 seconds
- 270 sheets at the number of possible shots EVF use. LCD monitor when using 350 sheets
- Continuous shooting 2.5 frames / sec. When speed priority continuous shooting 5 frames / sec.
- Video XAVC S, AVCHD, MP4
- The battery is NP-FW50
- The size of 126.9mm x 95.7mm x 59.7mm
- Weight 599g (including battery and memory)
- Vertical position grip VG-C2EM (sold separately)
- Media Memory Stick PRO Duo / PRO-HG Duo / XC-HG Duo, SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-Icompatible)