Egami has spotted a patent filed by Panasonic. The new patent descrbies an external hybrid (optical and electronic) viewfinder.
From the drawings it looks like an external viewfinder that can be attached to the camera’s hot shoe. The hybrid viewfinder will be able to communicate with the camera and obtain information such as focal length.
Also from the patent details the hybrid VF might include automatic parallax correction and switch between OVF and EVF when the angle of view is beyond the zoom range. More details as follow.
Panasonic External Hybrid Viewfinder Patent Details
Explanation self interpretation of patent literature
- Patent Publication No. 2014-191110,2014-191112
- Published 2014.10.6
- Filing date 2013.3.26
- Panasonic patent
- External mounting on the hot shoe finder
- Hybrid of EVF and OVF
- I supplied with power from the camera body
- Communicates with the camera body, to obtain information such as the focal length
- OVF function
- With zoom
- Are zooming to become a wide field frame than the imaging lens
- Built-in EVF display panel, and displays the captured image frame
- Photographing image frame parallax automatic correction
- EVF function
- When the angle of view of the imaging lens, it is beyond the zoom range of OVF, switched to the EVF
- I have a light shielding plate for shielding the incident light OVF