Leica Camera released a new firmware update version 184.108.40.206 for the Leica S Type 006 medium format camera.
The Leica S Type 006 firmware update v220.127.116.11 optimises numerous functions, considerably improves the performance of the camera and all Leica S-lenses and represents the most comprehensive firmware update since the launch of the Leica S-system.
The new major firmware update will maximize the performance of the S-System. The Leica S-E (Typ 006) is a medium format DSLR featuring a 37.5MP 45 x 30mm CCD sensor to produce high-resolution imagery with marked sharpness, clarity, and dynamic range.
Leica S Type 006 Firmware Update Version 18.104.22.168
For the Leica S (Typ 006), the new firmware, version 22.214.171.124 provide the following modifications:
- AF Performance: major improvements in focus speed, responsiveness, smoothness & precision with the newly developed AF algorithms and AF drive control
- Predictive AF: improved predictive object tracking in AF Continuous
- Mode GPS Precision: Global Positioning System coordinated will only be stored in image data if last signal update is not older than 5 minutes unlike the former firmware where it is stored for 24 hours
- Support the new Leica Summicron-S 1:2/100 ASPH
- Support the new lens firmware of all S-lenses
For the Leica S2 & S2-P, the new firmware, version 126.96.36.199 provide the following modifications:
- Supports the new Leica Summicron-S 1:2/100 ASPH
- Supports thew new lens firmware of all S-lenses