LockCircle has announced its latest BirdCage for the Panasonic Lumix GH4 and the Sony A7/A7R/A7S mirrorless cameras.
Billed as the first Modular Production Cage System in the market, the BirdCage by LockCircle weighs in at 51 grams and features an integratedLockPort micro-to-full-size HDMI adapter and a system of plates for different setups and Positive-Lock Mounts for precise follow-focus work.
The BirdCage by LockCircle designed by Dante Cecchin is available from $399/€379. Availability is slated for 20 November 2014.
BirdCage for Lumix GH4 and Sony A7 Series by LockCircle
The most versatile and lightweight (featherlite!) cage and mount system for motion picture production!
The BirdCage is an innovative cage design for the latest mirrorless Lumix GH4 and Sony A7 Series cameras with the incredible weight (featherlite!) of 51 grams ( 1.79 oz.).
BirdCage features exclusive LockCircle “Asymmetrical Cage Design” for right hand grabbing and camera control with original camera ergonomics.
A “featherlite cage like a camera glove” was the main concept in the creative and engineering process, because now powerful cameras with 4K features are incredibly small and lighweight and most of the cages in the market has more weight than the camera itself!
Designed for confortable grip and action, leaving on the left side of the camera all the production accessories mounting, the BirdCage is at the center of what we call Modular Production System.
BirdCage integrates the popular LockPort (micro to full-size HDMI port saver), and a system of plates for different set-up’s and Positive-Lock Mounts (EF and F Mount lenses don’t rotate when mounting, but just the internal mounting bayonet) for precise follow-focus work without annoying lens play on the bayonet mounts.
The “monolitic” mount concept is available also for the popular MetaBones mount adapters adding “rock-solid” tough mounting with the BirdCage MetaPlate.
Camera mounting is totally improved with several double sized threads and also camera balancing is improved.
For Lumix GH4 is available also a special BirdCage GH4 Swivel for total action of the camera LCD.
- incredible lightweight, only 51 grams (1.79 oz.) with Twin-Baseplate (featherlite concept)
- innovative Asymmetrical Cage Design for better camera handling right hand grabbing and camera control with original camera ergonomics – handheld confortable grip and action rock solid accessories mounting with n° 28 (34 for A7) 1/4” and n° 3 3/8” threaded holes for accessories mounting
- standard Twin-Baseplate offering several mounting choices (ultra-low, rised)
- Modular Production System concept, many innovative accessories will follow soon
- cnc machined from billet aluminum, black velvet hard surface finish and stainless steel hex screws
- LockPort integrated micro to full-size HDMI adapter (port saver)
- improved camera mounting with better center balance (double screw size threads)
- MetaPlate for serious Metabones locking (no bayonet play and heavy-duty monolitic mounting)
- IMS Plate for P+S Technik Positive-Lock Mounts for cinema style lens mounting for superior follow–focus work and “monolitic” lens locking to the camera
- Lumix MFT-Mount to PL Mount, Canon EF and Nikon F with exclusive PLS Positive-Lock System
- Sony E-Mount to PL Mount, Canon EF and Nikon F with exclusive PLS Positive-Lock System
- Top Grip Handle for low-mode shooting and accessories mounting (15mm rod interface handle)
- Lumix GH4 Swivel edition for free LCD movements (not compatible with LockPort port saver)
- delivered in a wooden box with pyrography branding and mounting instructions
- made in Italy with “passion”
Delivery starts from November 20, 2014, Price starts from $ 399,00 (€ 379,00) For more information: www.lockcircle.com/birdcage