Panasonic has released a new firmware update for the Lumix DMC-GH4 mirrorless camera. The new firmware update version 2.0 for Panasonic GH4 is now available for download.
Panasonic GH4 firmware update version 2.0 enhance the performance and controllability of the camera and feature a new 4K Photo Mode. The new firmware adds tethered shooting and modes to make it easier to take still images from 4K video.
The update introduces 4K Photo Mode, which automatically sets shooting parameters optimized for stills and allows 4K capture in a variety of aspect ratios. The firmware also brings a 23.98p 4K shooting in MP4/AAC mode. Other changes include adjustable flash output and greater control over ISO.
Panasonic GH4 firmware updated to version 1.1 in July, 2014 and improved the reliability of video recording performance. The firmware version can be checked from the [Version Disp.] of the [Setup] menu.
Panasonic GH4 Firmware Update 2.0 Details
The list of the improvements:
- [4K PHOTO] mode is added which records 4K video exclusively for capturing a frame to save as a photo.
-Rec Format : MP4-Rec Quality : 4K/30p/100Mbps
- Settings can be adjusted as below when entering this mode.
(System Frequency 59.94Hz)
(System Frequency 50.00Hz)-Luminance Level:0-255
- In addition to 16:9 aspect, 4:3/3:2/1:1 can be selected.
- Exif information is embedded to the captured image from the 4K video.
- Marking function is available enables marker setting on the designated point while recording video and users can jump to the markers when playing back the video to capture the frame they want.
- Loop Recording function is added, with which the camera keeps on recording video while deleting the old footage automatically.
- 4K/23.98p/100Mbps mode is added in MP4 video recording.
- The upper limit of the ISO sensitivity can be set in the menu of ISO sensitivity setting and emission amount of flash light can be adjusted in the menu of exposure compensation.
- Focusing performance of 1-area AF in video recording is improved.
- Tracking performance of tracking AF when used with the interchangeable lens H-FS14140 is improved.
- Remote shooting via USB tethering is available by using PC software “USB Tether” supplied by Promote Systems.
* For more information on Promote Systems, please visit http://www.promotesystems.com/
There is also a special pfd file with a very detailed description of the new features. You can download the pdf file from here.
Download the GH4 Firmware Update 2.0 from Panasonic Japan.
The Lumix GH-4 camera features 16MP Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine IX processor with an enhanced fast and accurate Auto Focus (AF) system (approximately 0.07 seconds).
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.